- Picture: Chelsea star spotted at bargain shop despite earning £170k/weekPosted 19 hours ago
- Chelsea’s Brazilian star could join Barcelona in JanuaryPosted 19 hours ago
- Chelsea legend: I didn’t want to join the BluesPosted 19 hours ago
- Yikes: Pellegrini didn’t realize a 4-2 win would have gifted Manchester City top spotPosted 19 hours ago
Champions League: Three reasons why Man Utd will beat Bayer Leverkusen
Manchester United face Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen to open up their 2013/14 Champions League campaign, at Old Trafford.
1. Wayne Rooney is fit & scoring
Rooney scored a lovely free-kick on Saturday vs Crystal Palace as David Moyes’s side brushed aside the newly-promoted south London side. Wayne Rooney suffered a gash on his head during England duty & looked sharp despite his headband.
2. Van Persie has hit the ground running
Robin van Persie recently told reporters that a voice in his head has been telling him that he should have done better & United’s poor Champions League campaign last season was partially his fault. Well, the former Arsenal star has certainly done his level best to make sure Manchester United start the season brightly.
3. Poor start, but Moyes is finding his feet
Moyes told reporters this week: “After the draw, I phoned Sir Alex to talk about United’s Champions League draw, and he said he thinks it’s one of the hardest draws United have ever had in the Champions League,”. It will be David Moyes’s first Champions League match but the experienced stars such has Rooney and van Persie will almost certainly ease the tension. Fortunately for Moyes, United’s first match of the 2013/14 Champions League season is at Old Trafford. Home comforts.
Think Manchester United will beat Leverkusen? Bet £25 get £25 Free Bet with William Hill